So far 40 minutes into the “event” the only interesting thing is the launch date for iOS5 will be October 12th
Find My Friends App (sounds like Google Latitude)
iPod Nano updated version finger swiping navigation and cheaper available today (in US)
iPod Touch will run iOS5 and have a white version.
- Looks exactly the same as the 4.
- A5 chip as used in iPhone 2. Demo of Infinity Blade 2 with impressive graphics
- Better battery – 8 hours 3G, 14 Hours 2G, 9 hours WiFi, ten hours video
- Two antennas to improve call quality and potentially download data faster.
- Can use both GSM and CDMA networks.
- 8 Mega Pixel camera with faster sensor and wider aperture. Impressive photos. 1080p HD Video with image stabilization.
- Airplay Mirroring to link with Apple TV and big screens.
- Voice Control Beta in English, French and German of lots of functions (from software developed by recent acquisition Siri) and voice synthesis e.g. “remind me to call my wife when I leave work” integrating contacts, GPS and calendar. Voice activated search results like “what is the exchange rate between the Euro and the Dollar”
- 16GB, 32GB, 64GB Versions (iPhone 4 8GB version reduced and 3GS now free with contract)
- Pre-orders from 7th October and phones available on October 14th. Obviously that’s in US, don’t know UK carriers or launch dates yet but they claim it will be their fastest rollout yet available with 100 carriers in 70 countries before the end of the year.