Windows XP displays a list of most frequently used programs in the Start menu. If you don't want a program to be displayed there, you can prevent it (on a program-by-program basis) by editing the registry. Here's how:
- Click Start Run.
- Type the following in the Run box: regedit
- In the left pane of the registry editor, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\
- Click Edit New and select String Value.
- Name the new string value NoStartPage
- Leave the data value empty.
- Close the registry editor.